The Complete Asphalt Roof Repair Guide Sacramento, CA
Asphalt Shingles are the most commonly used roof materials. This is due to the inexpensive cost, textures, variety of colors, and thickness available. An advantage of Asphalt is its ease of installation and flexibility. The asphalt shingles provide protection against mildew and mold.
Asphalt roofing is made smooth-surfaced or gravel surfaced to help protect your roof from the harsh conditions of weather. Over time, your roof will show wear and tear. Erosion will occur as cracks and splits may appear. To maximize the life span of your asphalt roof, make sure you repair any damages immediately and have regular roof maintenance.
Most minor asphalt roof leaks can be repaired from regular roof maintenance or patching asphalt shingles. If you find a roof leak or have major roof damage, find the best company in Sacramento, CA for Asphalt Roof Repair Service that can help repair your asphalt shingle roof leaks immediately.
How to detect early signs of damage If you are doing self-inspection, do not climb up the roof by yourself. You may risk damaging your roof or hurting yourself. You can use binoculars or hire a Sacramento roof repair contractor to inspect your roof. When using your binoculars, look for the following signs:
1. Broken or missing shingles 2. Cracking or curling shingles 3. Algae or moss 4. Damaged flashing
For a thorough inspection hire the best asphalt roof repair service in Sacramento to help carry out your asphalt roof inspection. They are more likely to find trouble spots that you may have missed.
How much does asphalt shingle roof repair cost in Sacramento?
If you are considering patching, repairing and inspecting your Asphalt shingles and roof in Sacramento, CA, it is inexpensive to do so.
Average Cost The cost of replacing 100 square feet of asphalt roofing in Sacramento ranges from $100-$200. For a more detailed estimate, contact Sacramento Asphalt Roof Repair and we will give you a quote for your roofing needs.
Damaged Shingles If your shingles are damaged, replacing them is inexpensive. Shingles cost around $15-$20. Most of the charge is determined by the contractor’s fee that usually ranges around $45-$65/hr.
Ponding Water Ponding water is when rainwater is left on the roof usually for 48hr or more hours. Ponding water seeps through roof leaks and causes more damage to your house.
Clearing ponding water and determining the source can help your roof’s lifespan Clearing ponding water costs around $250 without additional charges from the contractor.
Replacing the Roof Complete roof replacement is expensive and should only be replaced once in the lifespan of a homeowner. For a new asphalt shingle roof, it ranges from $4000 to $6000 per 1,200 square feet.
Should you replace your asphalt shingle roof?
When you start noticing leaks or damaged shingles on your roof, you may wonder if you need to repair or replace your roof. Here are ways that can help determine if you need an entire roof replacement
1. Your Shingles Are All Very Brittle. Try bending the shingles and see how flexible they are. If they bend, they are usable. If they break, it means you need to buy new shingles. When shingles are exposed from long periods of the sun, it becomes brittle faster. It is better to check that part of the roof first.
2. You Have Extensive Roof Damage When you find roof damage or major leaks in multiple locations across the roof, you will need a roof replacement. You can patch the isolated areas but in most cases, the damaged area will spread further. It is recommended to have a whole-scale roof replacement before it collapses.
3. Your Asphalt Shingles Are More Than 20 Years Old Asphalt shingles last around 20-50 years. If your shingles are older than 20 years then you should consider a roof replacement.
4. You Have Wet Insulation Wet insulation means your foam layer under the roof is exposed to moisture. This is due to a roof leak. Leaving wet insulation unattended can speed the damage of your roof. Hire a professional to remove the roof and replace the insulation. You can also replace your old shingles as the professionals replace your insulation.
How do I find the best asphalt roof inspectors near me?
We are the Best Sacramento Asphalt Roof Repair Company. Our company provides you with affordable asphalt roof repairs, using the best roof repair specialists in Sacramento, CA that understand your problems to help rebuild your roof.