Across the United States, tile roofs have been the most popular roofing material option for years. They have an old-fashion look and are durable. With proper installation and maintenance, tile roofs can last 70 years.
However, neglecting your tile roofs will lead to a repair as roof leaks can occur. When this happens, you can repair it yourself or contact Sacramento, CA Tile Roof Repairs. They are affordable and it is easy to find a contractor to fix your problem.
If you want to repair your tile roof yourself, you can learn by reading this article.
Benefits of Tile Roofs
In the past, tile roofs were created using clay. Today, there are many other alternatives as they each bring different advantages. Here are the advantages of Tile Roofs:
1. Fireproof Unlike other roofing materials, Tiles are immune to fire. If there is a fire in your house, you will not have to worry about expensive costs on replacing your roof tiles. 2. Weatherproof Tile roofs are weather resistant. They can withstand storms and harsh winter, perfect for homes that face bad weather. 3. Aesthetic Tile roofs have a variety of colors and styles that homeowners can choose from to make their house look unique. With a distinctive old fashion appeal, it gives different styling options. 4. Durability Tile roofs are the most durable type of roofing material. With the proper renovation and maintenance every 20 years, your tile roof can last more than 70 years. You may need minor tile roof repairs if you find a cracked roof tile.
Disadvantages of Tile Roofs
Having noted the benefits of tile roofs, you should note their disadvantages.
1. Cost Tile roofs need additional structural support for installation. This means they are more expensive to install than other roofs. If you are looking for something more affordable, then tile roofs may not be the best option for you.
2. Difficult to repair Damaged tile roofs happen due to age or carelessness. Roofs erode over time so you need a replacement. Carelessness occurs when signs of damages are ignored. Tile roofs are hard to repair because they are brittle and break easily when they are stepped on. If you need a tile roof restoration job, hire the best Sacramento tile roof repair service to fix your broken roof tiles.
Tile roof maintenance tips
Regular maintenance is the key to tile roof longevity.
Here are a few tips to follow: 1. Trim any nearby trees Tiles are resistant to extreme heat, cold, fire, and rain but they can be cracked easily by fallen branch scrapes and blunt force. With enough pressure, they can break due to their brittle nature.
Trees contribute to roof damage as the fallen leaves, drone pine needles and branches traps moisture resulting in mold. This will weaken your shingles through erosion. Fallen branches can also scape and damage your roof protection.
2. Spring Inspections. Proper maintenance and inspections can save you money. Spring is a good time to spot roof problems early. As harsh winters can mask potential problems and increase the chance of roof damage.
If you are doing self-inspection, do not climb up the roof by yourself. You may risk damaging your roof or hurting yourself. You can use binoculars or hire a Sacramento roof repair contractor to inspect your roof. When using your binoculars, look for the following signs:
1. Broken or missing shingles 2. Cracking or curling shingles 3. Algae or moss 4. Damaged flashing
For a thorough inspection hire the best tile roof repair service in Sacramento, CA to help carry out your tile roof inspection. They are more likely to find trouble spots that you may have missed.
3. Clear algae or moss The build-up of branches, leaves and other material is perfect for algae and moss growth. Fortunately, moss growth and algae can be cleaned off easily. You can do this by using a low-pressure washer and some detergent to wash off the algae from your tile roof.
4. Clean out your gutters Over time, the build-up of debris from fallen leaves and branches clog your gutters, preventing rainwater from flowing. This leads to an overflow promoting moss and algae growth that creates roof leaks.
You can remedy this problem by using a leaf blower or hose to clean your gutter.
How much does tile roof repair in Sacramento cost?
Tile roof repair is more expensive than other types of roof repair. Depending on the extent of the damage, a tile roof repair may cost between $400 to $8,000.
How do I find tile roofers near me?
We are the Best Sacramento Tile Roof Repair Company. Our company provides you with affordable tile roof repairs, using the best roof repair specialists in Sacramento, CA that understand your problems to help rebuild your roof. We can handle all your tile roofing installation and repair needs including: